Exciting changes coming to the NDIS
Exciting changes coming to the NDIS - Here's what you need to know!
The government released several 'practical changes' to the NDIS.
Here's a short summary of what you need to know:
1. 310,000 people have become already approved under NDIS while they intend to approve approximately 150,000 more people by full roll out next year
2. Minister Stuart Robert described the NDIS as "about 80% there, with 20% left to go" and acknowledges the last 20% is often the hardest
3. People will have the ability to use their funding more flexibly
4. From April next year, people will be able to see a draft of their plan before it is approved
5. Participants will also be able to make small changes without undergoing a full review
6. Some people will be able to request longer plan durations
7. New roll out of independent assessments to be paid by NDIS
8. Plans will be made accessible in additional formats.
9. Wait time for children to receive a plan has been halfed (on average) over the last quarter
Call us to find out more information or how these changes may affect you on 1300 337 337 for a free, no obligation chat.Back to Articles